Friday, March 4, 2011

3/4/11: Evan's 1st Art Show

Evan was in his first Art Show at School today. He was one of the winners in his Grade for his category. He was beyond excited. Here he is with his art piece "Dreaming of the Beach". The full list of winners is now posted on Billericarecreation.org.
Dreaming of the Beach up close. John and I are very scientific minded and not very artsy at all, so we could not be of much help.
I did all the coordination and setup with volunteers to help me. Having Evan in Kindergarten meant this was the first time I ever went through this, so I wasn't sure what to expect. There was about 50 pieces of art total to setup in two categories - 3 Dimensional and Picture. I think it all went smoothly. Color coding cards for each grade I think helped a lot. I also saw an opportunity to document a process around it, being the Project Manager that I am. My process document includes samples, pictures of our setup along with helpful hints. Here is the Kindergarten table.
And Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grade.
3rd, 4th and 5th Grade.
Here was Evan after finishing his Art Work.
Here is a little video after he won the ribbon.

No comments: