Sunday, December 18, 2011

12/18/11: Bah, Humbug! A Christmas Carol at the Hanover Theatre in Worcester

We were lucky enough to attend A Christmas Carol at the Hanover Theatre tonight and the show was wonderful.  The cast and crew did an excellent job and received a well deserved standing ovation at the end of the show.  My husband and I went to school in Worcester right down the street from where the Hanover Theatre is now.  I went to college for Aerospace Engineering however I did have to take some humanities courses, and I chose Drama.  When I took those classes I learned how hard it is to put on a production so I am always amazed by special effects and sets thinking of how much work it is to have them in shows.  I think they did a wonderful job with the show.  I was a little fearful bringing a 4 and 6 year old that some parts may be to scary but they did an excellent job of not making the show scary at all.  It is a truly wonderful holiday show for the whole family.  Both of my kids loved it. 
The show is still playing for one more night on December 23rd at 2 and 7 pm at the Hanover Theatre so you can still get tickets here.  Also if you are trying to come up with gifts for hard to buy for friends and family you could get them a gift certificate to the theatre.  Who doesn't love getting out for a night?
Photo Attributed to the Behind the Scenes Blog
Who doesn't love a sneak peak behind the scenes, well I have a treat for you the Cast and Director of A Christmas Carol have a Blog about being Behind the Scenes.  Check it out!  I wish more shows did this!
Also you can like the Hanover Theatre on Facebook here
Or follow them on Twitter @HanoverTheatre
Disclosure:  I received 4 tickets to the show in exchange for this review.  I received no other compensation and all opinions are my own.

No comments: