Monday, January 7, 2013

1/7/13: Beauty and the Beast Musical at The Hanover Theatre

I was able to take my little Princess Lauren to see Beauty and the Beast the Musical at the The Hanover Theatre.  To say the show was amazing is an understatement.  We both really loved it!
Lauren especially loves Belle and thought the show was great.  Sometimes I can see my kids lose interest in a show but this time it held her attention the whole time.  She was literally sitting on the edge of her seat to watch it and gave it an "awesome" rating when it was done.
I was not allowed to take pictures however I  credit the following photos to Joan Marcus from the Beauty and the Beast Website.  The sets were amazing all the way down to the floor which was covered with a cool design.  I was wondering how they would bring some of the Disney animation to live theatre but they did an awesome job recreating the movie   with the larger than life characters.
 Belle was amazing and had a beautiful voice.  She sounded like Belle in the movie.  My favorite act was when they did "Be Our Guest", it was wonderful complete with shooting champagne bottles and streamers being shot out.  The dancing and singing was spot on as you watched the flatware entertaining.
 It was so cute to see all the little girls there all dressed up in their Princess dresses.  The theatre was packed and I wouldn't have expected anything less.  The Beast had a wonderful and commanding voice and played the part perfectly.  The transformation to Prince left me speechless.  Truly awesome!
 What can I say about Gaston?  He was absolutely fantastic.  So much like the pompous character from the movie.  He really did make us laugh.
 If you were wondering how they would bring Mrs. Potts, Chip, Lumiere to life, well this is how.  All the way down to the detail of Chip as a little child.  It was so wonderful and not cheesy to watch.
More about the show:
Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, the smash hit Broadway musical, returns to Worcester by popular demand! Based on the Academy Award-winning animated feature film, this eye-popping spectacle has won the hearts of over 35 million people worldwide. This classic musical love story is filled with unforgettable characters, lavish sets and costumes, and dazzling production numbers including “Be Our Guest” and the beloved title song. Experience the romance and enchantment of Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!
Here is a preview of the show:

I can't say enough about this show.  All I can say is that it is a must see Tale as Old as Time, Beauty and the Beast.
Like The Hanover Theatre on Facebook.
Follow The Hanover Theatre on Twitter @HanoverTheatre
Disclosure: I received tickets for the show to promote it. All opinions are my own and no other compensation was received.

No comments: