Sunday, February 10, 2013

2/10/13: Nemo Nor'easter Just Keep Snow Blowing

You may have heard that we got a huge Nor'easter here in MA which they named Nemo.  I had the unfortunate combination of a huge blizzard coming, a house addition in process with the threat of a roof caving in, and a husband in Hyderabad, India for over two weeks!  Not a good combination to say the least.  The storm started out really slow on Friday and I was hoping that the weathermen were wrong, but then as the day went on the snow picked up.  The snow was really blowing around and the storm was getting stronger and stronger and the weather reports were staying consistent.
This storm rivaled the Blizzard of 1978.  Here is a picture of me and my two neighbors.  I am the one in the cream jacket.  People have said they can see Evan in this picture.
 Here is a closer picture of my kids with the dog Fred looking on.
We spent Friday making Valentine's Day cards and doing our 100 days of school projects.  Then played some games including Ring Bling.  We also watched some movies and read some books.
Here is our house after the storm had stopped on Saturday.  The Governor put a ban on driving so we couldn't go out on Friday and the ban was lifted on Saturday at 4.  Of course at that point we were still digging out.
 Our dog Fred was not very happy until I finally was able to snow blow him a path for him to go and do his business.  I needed to learn how to use the snow blower, luckily my husband stepped me through how to use it on Skype.  I just wish I had gotten a more mild storm to learn how to use the snow blower.  This was the first path I managed to make with the snow blower.  Then my neighbor came over and asked if he could help.  I resisted but then he explained that his snow blower wasn't working and he was hoping to use mine.  Once he said that I didn't resist any more and let him use it to finish my side of the driveway and then do his.
Lots of snow!
Today the sun was shining and I wanted to try my hand at the snow blower again and make some paths to the front door.  Here is my handy work.
 Here are the paths I made.
 This is the back of our house.  I didn't even attempt to make any paths back here but did check that the dryer vent and gas vent were clear.
 Evan also built a small snowman with me today too.  Here he is.  His name is Joey.
We just found out we have no school again tomorrow.  Hopefully I can find some more ways to entertain the kids.
Today it was nice to get out, even if it was just for a little bit.  We went to the 99 and had a nice dinner together and didn't feel so trapped by the storm.  I hope everyone is staying safe and warm and the kids are keeping entertained.  

No comments: