Sunday, March 10, 2013

3/10/13: BabbaBox Barefoot Books and UrbanSitter - A Perfect Combination

Today I was surrounded by so much Mom Greatness in wonderful Mompreneurs and awesome bloggers at an event for BabbaCo at Barefoot Books with sitters provided by UrbanSitter.  The event was organized by a friend at The Social Craft and it was wonderful.  First let me start with Barefoot Books.  I cannot believe that I have never been there as it is in my own backyard in Concord, MA.  
It is absolutely beautiful inside, plus they have Story Time, Pottery Painting which I know my kids would love, Music classes and so much more.  You can see their full calendar here on their site.  Even when they did story time today with the kids it was interactive.  The kids were asked to get up, dance, and make sounds to go with the story.
It is so adorable outside, and inside it is like a magical fairytale!
If you know me or read my posts you will know I love doing crafts with the kids.  This "She's Crafty" post describes this.  If you are like me you go to the craft store and end up getting 100 pom poms when you need 5.  You then end up having a huge storage container of craft supplies.  Jessica Nam Kim a Mom of 3 came up with the perfect solution and it is called BabbaBoxes.
BabbaBox is a monthly subscription activity box that is delivered to your home with ALL the physical materials plus know-how content to really engage with your kids. There are even add on packs for multiple children.
Each BabbaBox includes 4 Major components:
CREATE 2 to 3 projects kids do with their hands. ALL the physical materials included!
EXPLORE A theme-based product where your child will engage with the world and nature.
STORY TELL Carefully curated books to stimulate your kids' imaginations.
 CONNECT Interactive learning with prepaid downloads approved by BabbaCo experts.
 Here are the kids painting maracas and creating a tambourine from the March "Shake It" BabbaBox.  They had so much fun creating them and continued playing with them when they got home.  They created their own band.
I was also so impressed that the Founder Jessica Nan Kim stayed up last night reading all of our blogs to get to know us before the event.  This is a first for me.
She even created a personalized note for each of us on our bags.  I was truly in awe of this. 
Plus she was nice enough to provide a code for my readers to save $10 off your first month of either an annual or monthly membership.
Code:  BOSTONMOM
Last but not least was that UrbanSitter was there helping the kids with their crafts.  I talked to several of the girls and they were so nice and wanted to get to know our kids.  This is another business created by 4 busy mothers. 
It is an online resource to find an occasional sitter, full-time nanny or just last minute help. They even show you sitters recommended by parents in your social circles. You can search online, book online and pay online! Perfect for today's busy parents.  You can see a couple of the sitters here with the kids.
To follow any of these great companies here is their information:
  BabbaCo:
Twitter: @BabbaCo  http://twitter.com/babbaco
Instagram: babbaco
Twitter: @BarefootBooks  http://twitter.com/barefootbooks
Instagram: barefoot_books
Twitter: @Urbansitter  http://twitter.com/urbansitter
Organizer - The Social Craft :
Twitter: @cindymeltz https://twitter.com/cindymeltz
Disclosure:  I received a gift bag and was able to attend a wonderful event with my kids.  No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: