Thursday, July 11, 2013

7/11/13: Canobie Lake Family Fun

I have been going to Canobie Lake Park in Salem, NH since I was a little kid with my parents. I always loved it and never wanted to leave.  Now I get to take my kids and they love it just as much.  This will start by series of posts on our tour of New Hampshire.
 They always sell discounted tickets early in the season.  I also suggest joining the Canobie Club to get all the latest updates and find out when the discounted tickets are on sale.  I bought mine at the Burlington Mall near Christmas time.  Discount coupons are also available.  Check their website for locations.  Plus now they have a Canobie Lake Park App you can download and use while you are in the park!  
Here are the kids on the Tilt-a-Whirl.  They love spinning.
 Now my kids are split on what rides they can go on.  Lauren is under 48 inches and Evan is over 48 inches.  Kids under 48 inches are a different price than kids over 48 inches.  Every year we also go with my best friend and her kids who are a little older than mine.  They still love to go on Flower Power and giggle the whole time.
 This is one of the Kiddie rides but because lines weren't too long they were allowed to go on with Lauren.
 They always get a big giggle out of the Jungle Bounce.
 The other fun thing about Canobie is that they always have little games and shows going on.  Here is Lauren Hula Hooping with some of the Canobie Lake Park employees as they had a little Hula Hooping Party.
 You have to go on the carousel.
 For the thrill seekers there are always new cool rides to go on.  I personally love any roller coasters or fun different rides.  Here I am on the new Equinox.  This was a lot of fun and definitely scared some people on it.
 This ride spins the seats as it spins the larger wheel.  It was lots of fun.
The kids having fun riding on the roosters.

 There is also a water park which the kids love to play in.  We were there on a hot day so the kids couldn't wait to get in their bathing suits and get wet.
 Riding the Sky Ride can give some beautiful views.  Here is the Caterpillar which I love.
 It is so pretty there.  Here are the swings right next to the water.  They are doing some construction so the boat ride wasn't open.
 I highly suggest going there if you have never been.  They also have Fireworks on select nights.  Just check their website.
Give Canobie Lake Park some love:
Twitter: @CanobieLakePark
Disclosure:  I was provided two tickets to Canobie Lake Park for this review.  No compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: