Friday, August 2, 2013

8/2/13: Family Day at PTC

I have been working for PTC for 15 years.  PTC is a software company that started out making Computer Aided Design software called Pro/ENGINEER but has grown in to enterprise software over the years. I work there as a Project Manager.  I was lucky to be able to bring my kids and parents in for Family Day for them to get to check out where I work and have some fun.
 Here is a picture of one of the buildings in our campus.  We have three buildings with a pond behind which is lovely to go running or walking around.
First, we headed over to the area that had all of the FIRST robots.  I judge FTC competitions so it was nice for the kids to see some of the robots that are built for competitions.
 I have been judging for the last three years and I can't wait until my kids can get involved in FLL FIRST Lego League.
 I couldn't get Evan to leave this area.  He must have got the engineering gene from my husband and I as I went to WPI for Aerospace Engineering and John went to WPI for software engineering.
 Checking out Jr. FLL.
 John Deere also had a tractor there that was designed using our software for the kids to climb in.  So many companies including Boeing, Lockheed Martin, car companies and more use our products to design and control their data.
 John Deere is a huge supporter of PTC and have used our software for years.  There was a super cool demo in our 3D theater which showed virtual reality working with a tractor assembly.
 Here you can see the full tractor.
A highlight of the day was that the kids got to get a badge of their own.  Here is Lauren getting ready to get her picture taken for hers.
 Then we walked around the office and the kids got to see where I spend my time when I am at work.
 They got to draw on my white board and check out all the pictures I have of them in my office.
They even got to pose for silly pictures.
 Lauren liked the boa.
 Oh no Lauren is in jail.  A little cardboard jail.
 Evan too!
 They did an excellent job providing lots of fun for the kids including a scavenger hunt, balloon animals, lunch provided by the Outback, and interactive exhibits.  Of course now my kids think I ride around on a tractor and drive robots around at work and can't wait to come back.  Here is a picture from up in the building of our campus.
 What a wonderful day.  I am so glad I was able to share it with my family!  Thanks PTC for 15 years and hope to see another 15.  You have already given me lots of great memories.
I miss my Pro/INTRALINK Support Team.  We rocked!

No comments: