Saturday, December 21, 2013

12/21/13: A Christmas Carol at The Hanover Theatre

Last night we decided to have a Girls Night Out.  My mom joined me and my daughter Lauren to go see Troy Siebels' adaptation of Charles Dickens' classic tale A Christmas Carol at The Hanover Theatre and loved it.  We all agreed that it was a wonderful performance of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol.  My Mom would know, she tapes every version of the show that she finds on TV.
Even Lauren agreed that it was not scary with the visits of the ghosts and Marley.  I think they did an excellent job with Marley flying through the air in chains with lightning and smoke.  The Future Ghost was super cool and larger than life.  The cast did an excellent job and had excellent voices.  The backdrops were also amazing to capture the town square and Scrooge's business place.  Scrooge was amazing.  He did an awesome job capturing the spirit of the character.    
Here is a little preview.  It ends tomorrow, but if you didn't make it this year I would highly suggest going next year.
The Hanover Theatre is a beautiful theatre.  I have always enjoyed seeing shows there. 
Like them on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/thehanovertheatre
Follow them on Twitter:  @HanoverTheatre
Disclosure: I received a family four pack of tickets for the show to promote it. All opinions are my own and no other compensation was received.

No comments: